Tuesday, April 9, 2013

WWDH - Spinach and ricotta cannelloni


This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay recipe was chosen by Kayte.  It is Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni from Modern Classics Book I, and can also be found online.

I have never made cannelloni before, so I found this to be an interesting recipe.  It ended up being fairly easy to make, as Donna stipulates the use of fresh lasagne sheets into which the spinach and cheese filling is rolled up before being topped with bottled tomato pasta sauce.

Here is a peek at the insides:


This cannelloni is very tasty but quite rich - I couldn't eat the entire serving of two pieces, so divided the cannelloni up into one and half piece lots.  I served my cannelloni with frozen veges dolloped with aubergine and chilli jam.

I would make this again - it was delicious.

To see what Kayte, Margaret and Chaya thought of this dish, visit their websites.