Thursday, April 11, 2013

FFWD - Financiers



It's Friday again, and I am rather glad, as I have lost my Mojo this week.  I am hoping a restful weekend will bring it back.

For French Fridays with Dorie this week, our recipe is financiers, so called because when made in their traditional rectangular shape, they resemble gold bars.  The difference between this financier recipe and others I have tried.

I didn't have financier moulds, so I used ordinary muffin tins, which yielded 9 financiers.  I almost wrecked my financiers completely, as for some reason, instead of 175g of butter, I added 275g - then wondered why I was having trouble getting the butter to mix in.  Once I realised my mistake, I poured off the excess butter, and luckily, everything seemed to come together.

I did not change the recipe a jot (except perhaps by having more butter!),  and I liked these financiers very much.  The browned butter made the financiers smell devine as they were baking.


To see what the other Doristas thought of these financiers, visit the LYL section of the website.