Tuesday, April 2, 2013

WWDH - Indian Lamb Curry



For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, I chose Indian Lamb Curry from p100 of Modern Classics I.

The recipe as Donna wrote it did not contain any vegetables, and lots of meat.  I halved the meat and added 500g frozen veges to my curry so that it became a one pot dish.  I served it over boiled rice to suck up all the juices.

When making this, I made the mistake of adding ground spices to the pan, not realising that Donna intended to use non-ground spices, make them pop in the pan and then grind them.  As a result, a burned my spices a bit.  However, I was still really happy with the  finished curry and I would make this again.  Note that it is a fairly mild curry, so if you like it hot, bump up the amount of chilli powder that you add. 

To see what my fellow Donna devotees, Kayte, Margaret and Chaya, thought of this dish, visit their websites on Wednesday US time.