Tuesday, February 12, 2013

WWDH - French Onion Soup



This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay is hosted by Kayte, who chose Donna's French Onion Soup from Modern Classics I.

Now, y'all will know that I am not much of a soup fan, and I was kind of hesitant wth this one. I made a quarter of a recipe on Sunday night, enough just for two serves, and put it in the fridge for another day, as I was already really full from late brunch with friends.

On Monday night, I reluctantly trotted out half a serve and reheated it for a minute or so in the microwave.  Then I had a spoonful - and then another - and by golly, I really liked this soup.  Who knew - and especially onion soup??

To see what Kayte, Margaret and Chaya thought of this dish, visit their websites.  And if you want to join us on our Donna journey, just contact any of us - we are cooking from Off the Shelf and Modern Classics I by Donna Hay.