Pintertest! If you are new to this word, you might wonder what it is all about. Well, it is just another social media site with interesting ‘pinboards’ allowing you to build business relationships with the huge number of population who visit the site regularly. Pinterest is all about visuals where you will have to pin unique images on your pinboard. Specifically, it is like the boards at office or home where you pin pictures, cards, scenery, motivating phrases, goals, schedules, etc.
How to create an account with Pinterest?
Registering an account with Pinterest is a simple process. You can create your account using the email address and also connect with other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Once the account is created, setup a gravatar image and build your profile. The next important step involved in Pinterest is creating ‘pinboards.’ Your account comes with default blank pinboards, which can be converted into boards with a definite theme and title. Additionally, new ones can also be created when required.
Why should one pin contents in Pinterest?
- Social media is all about sharing anything that is pleasing to the eyes and informative. A regular user can pin images that are unique and interesting. They are the main resources who help in promoting internet marketing.
- If you are an internet marketer Pinterest can be effectively used to build backlinks for your site. This helps you to build your brand, relationships and audience.
A few rules that will help you to achieve great success in Pinterest Internet Marketing
- The golden rule is to include the ‘Pin It’ button on your website even if you do not have a Pinterest account. Your customers involved with Pinterest will play a major role in promoting your product.
- Post visually appealing material in the center and in front. Keep in mind that Pinterest is all about pictures.
- Do not always post pictures related to your product. Widen your thoughts and pin pictures that provide customers innovative ideas to use your service or product. This will encourage them to purchase your product and promote it.
- Use other sites and channels to promote Pinterest boards. Facebook, Twitter, blog, website and other means can be used for the same.
- The ‘About’ section in your profile plays a major role in creating an impression in the minds of a customer. This section should clearly relate to your product or brand. It should impress the customer by providing a brief summary about your product.
- As a rule, include your website URL (correct one) along with the Pinterest profile. This will help the readers to follow you on your site. Most businesses forget this and end up losing potential readers and customers.
- Frequently post or pin contents and images in your account. Do not increase your activity on a particular day and remain idle on other days. Maintain a standard schedule so that readers anticipate the next image or content. (Try to keep up to your promise at all times)
- Titles of your pinboard are the first to catch the attention of a reader. Catchy, short titles add to the interest of readers and make it go viral.
- Include images to the contents in your website. These images can in turn be used in Pinterest to create awareness about the post and product. Most important of all, is that the images must be capable enough to convey the message related to your product or service.
- For individualization and security of images, you can use watermarks. Watermarks need to be classy so they don’t affect the quality and attraction of an image.
- Short descriptions and keywords related to your business can be added to the images on the pinboard.
- Last, but not the least, engage with others on Pinterest. Like, re-pin and follow their pinboards and the favor will be returned to you.
You can also try adding price tags to certain images on your pinboard. Similar to any other type of online marketing, Pinterest will also take its time to produce positive results. Implement unique strategies each time for better results. It is equally important to spend ample time on Pinterest each day especially when you are in the initial stages of Pinterest Internet Marketing.
This is a guest post by Sharon Thomas of thecornersuite.com - a site that offers savings and current information on dish network internet, as well as dish.com services.