Tuesday, November 5, 2013

WWDH - Feta and Eggplant Meatballs


For Wednesday with Donna Hay this week, Sarah has chosen feta and eggplant meatballs.  I have had a strange aversion to meatballs because of their appearance, but after tasting these, I know that it is all in the mind - these meatballs are very tasty.

These meatballs do take some prep - you have to chop up and roast eggplant, crumble feta and both shallow fry and bake the meatballs.  However, if you are not in a hurry, the result is pleasantly spicy.  The meatballs are made with beef mince, although I think lamb mince would work well too, as eggplant and lamb seem like the beginnings of a good moussaka to me.

I served these with a chickpea and spinach salad and they made a delicious light meal:



To see what Sarah, Kayte, Margaret and Chaya thought of these, visit their websites.