Tuesday, November 12, 2013

WWDH - Coleslaw


This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay recipe is Coleslaw from Modern Classics I, chosen by me.

I didn't pay much attention to the recipe until I came to make it, and I found it odd.  There was radish instead of carrot, so I swapped back to carrots, and cabbage, parsley and green onion  with a dressing based on a whole raw egg.  I was a bit dubious about the dressing, but it tasted nice.  However, I did not dare to keep it for more than a couple of days, and will use a vinaigrette or the like to use up the dry slaw still sitting in my fridge.

This coleslaw tasted quite good - way better than the commercial slaw mixes that I have bought.  Knowing how simple this was to make, I'd definitely make it again in preference to buying pre-prepared coleslaw mixes. 

I served my coleslaw with roast chicken, as pictured above.  It has been a very tasty work lunch.

To see what Kayte, Margaret, Chaya and Sarah thought of this recipe, visit their websites.