Thursday, August 23, 2012

FFwD - Peach Melba



It's the end of the week and that means French Friday with Dorie.  This week's dish has an indirect personal connection - it is Peach Melba, named after Dame Nellie Melba, who, like me, was Australian, and lived in Melbourne (sometimes!).  Here is a statue in her honour at Melbourne Docklands:


 
This dessert is comprised of poached peaches, raspberry sauce, icecream, cream and almonds.  I used creme de cassis in my poaching syrup, and used Greek yoghurt instead of icecream in assembly.

The verdict - delicious!  I wondered whether all the steps were really worth it until I tasted it - but it was good, and surely one of the healthier desserts one can indulge in.

Check out what the rest of the gang thought of Peach Melba at the FFwD website.  Have a great weekend!