Tuesday, October 22, 2013

WWDH - Chicken and Roasted Capsicum Pasta - or Quinoa


This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay recipe was chosen by Margaret. She selected Donna's Chicken and Roasted Capsicum Pasta.

The only part about this recipe that I didn't like was peeling the skin off the roast capsicums - never an easy job, and it takes forever.  I used quinoa instead of pasta in keeping with my diet, and used balsamic vinegar instead of malt vinegar for the dressing.

The resulting dish was delicious, and I would make it again - with pasta.  Unfortunately, I have a quinoa sensitivity (nothing to do with washing the quinoa - I first suspected there was an issue when I was only eating the very processed quinoa flakes), which makes my gut burn for a couple of hours after eating quinoa.  Very sadly, I had to toss the the leftovers from this dish, but if you don't have a quinoa sensitivity, the quinoa makes a very serviceable alternative to the pasta.

To see what Margaret, Kayte, Chaya and Sarah thought of this dish, visit their websites.