Tuesday, September 3, 2013

WWDH - Corn Cakes


This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay recipe is my pick, Corn Cakes from p82 of Modern Classics Book I.  Chaya made the recipe outside of the group last year, and you can find the recipe (minus the bacon) here.  To make the recipe as per the book, just add four cooked slices of bacon that have been chopped.

These corn cakes were quite tasty.  I served mine with chutney, as Donna suggested.

The only thing that I didn't like about this recipe is all the washing up.  Even though I used tinned corn, there was still a lot of pans and dishes involved.  However, if you don't mind that, and cheese, corn, bacon and onion mixed together in a fritter sounds good to you, then you will like this recipe.

Please visit Kayte, Margaret, Chaya and Sarah to see what they thought of these cakes.