Thursday, September 5, 2013

FFwD - Fresh Tuna, Mozzarella, and Basil Pizza - sort of


This week's French Fridays with Dorie recipe was Fresh Tuna, Mozzarella, and Basil Pizza.  And I made it - sort of.

I did use fresh tuna that I cut into mangled slices.  I did use puff pastry, albeit a seemingly smaller size of round than was asked for.  I used cheddar instead of mozzarella, I used baby spinach instead of basil, I used whole tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes and I skipped the fresh ginger and olives because I didn't have any.  Ummm ... so I guess that makes mine a Fresh Tuna, Cheddar and Spinach Pizza.

My reasoning for all of this innovation is that I didn't want to buy a whole heap of stuff that I wouldn't otherwise use and then be stuck with leftovers that would go to waste.  Also, I had to buy baby spinach for another recipe and I already had cheddar and I don't eat lots of cheese.  Simple.

The pizza still tasted good to me as Sunday lunch.

To see what the other Dorie cooks thought, visit the LYL section of the website.