Thursday, September 26, 2013

FFWD - Rice Pudding with Caramel Apples



French Fridays with Dorie this week is a dessert - Rice Pudding with Caramel Apples.  You can find the recipe online here.

I always love desserts, but at this point in time, it is a little naughty for me to be eating them.  Accordingly, I only made a quarter of the recipe and cut down on the sugar and cream.  This meant that my dessert was not as sweet as it otherwise should have been, but it meant that I was not breaking the rules of my diet as badly.

I quite liked this, but I liked the rice pudding component the best.  I have always liked rice pudding - Mum used to make for us as kids, and I still ask for it when I go home.

I'd make the rice pudding again, but probably skip the apples.

To see what everyone else thought of this pudding, visit the LYL section of the website.