Thursday, October 4, 2012

FFwD - Hummus


This week's French Friday with Dorie recipe is hummus.  This dip was blessedly quick and easy to make by blending together chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  The hardest (and most expensive) part was finding the tahini - which I eventually did in the Jewish food section at the supermarket.

This hummus tasted good, but it would have been a whole lot cheaper just to buy it ready made.  Next time, I'd leave out the garlic - I feel that it made the hummus a little too sharp.  Also, I am left with a jar of tahini - any thoughts on what to do with it?

To see what the other Dorie cooks thought, visit the LYL section of the website.

On a totally different note, I went to the launch of the book Fashion and Flemington at Leona Edmiston's GPO Boutique last night.  There were adorable little red velvet cupcakes:



and cocktails:


and for a lucky couple of people, there were prizes:


As for me, along with my copy of the Fashion and Flemington book (which was included in the entrance price), I got to buy a stylish Leona dress at 20% off and chatted to Amber Petty without knowing who she was until later on.  And if you want to know, she was absolutely charming.

All in all, it was a girl's dream evening.