Thursday, December 27, 2012

FFwD - Go-with-everything Celery Root Puree


Welcome to the last FFwD recipe for this year.

This week's French Friday with Dorie recipe is Go-with-everything Celery Root Puree.   In Australia, celery root is sold as celeriac, and is a strange looking beast that I have never purchased before.  It is hard, brown and nobbly on the outside and is quite hard in the middle too, making it a challenge to peel.  Peeling it is somewhat like peeling a pineapple, as you slice off the skin in chunks rather than thin strips.

I only made a half recipe of this puree, and I am glad about that - the celery taste was rather overwhelming, despite the presence of potato and several other ingredients, so unless you like celery, I wouldn't recommend trying this dish.  I served it as a side with a beef stir fry with lots of sauce for the puree to soak up.

To see what the other Dorie cooks, thought, visit the LYL section of the website.