Monday, December 19, 2011

TWD - Rewind - Grandma's All Occasion Sugar Cookies


Wow!  The second last week of Tuesdays with Dorie - ever.  It makes me rather wistful that after more than three years, my weekly fix of Baking - From My Home to Yours is no more.  I have met some great fellow bakers through this group, and will miss checking up on what they are doing every week. 

This week is a rewind - a choose your own adventure of sorts.  I decided to make Grandma's All Occasion Sugar Cookies, recognising how useful they would be as part of my homemade Christmas gift boxes.

Taking my cue from some of the other bakers when we made these back in December 2008, I made these cookies as the slice and bake kind - so much easier to deal with when using this soft dough - and rolled the sides in festive green and red sanding sugar.

To check out what the other TWD bakers made for their rewind, visit the LYL section of the website.