Thursday, December 8, 2011

FFwD - Chard-Stuffed Pork Roast


I entered into this week's FFwD with some trepidation.  Pork stuffed wth green stuff is not something that automatically makes me jump for joy, and I have hideous memories of chomping through tasteless, watery greenery.

However, I need not have worried - Dorie's Chard-Stuffed Pork Roast is magnificent!  I used pork steaks instead of roast, and used frozen spinach instead of chard.  I also used pre-ground pepper and cardamom to coat my pork, and as I did not have chilli flakes, I chopped up a dried chilli:  



The end result was realy tasty - the cardamom gives a pleasant sweetness to the pork, and the chilli gives a zing to the stuffing.  I also found that there was sufficient seasoning so that the stuffing was not a tasteless mass.

Would I make this again?  Absolutely! It was a pleasant surprise taste-wise, and it wasn't difficult or time consuming to make.  I loved this one - it is a real winner for me.

To check out what the other FFwD members thought of this week's dish, visit the LYL scetion of the FFwD website.