Monday, December 26, 2011

The Last Ever TWD - Kids' Thumbprints


Well guys, after more than three years and more recipes than I care to count, this is it.  Today is our last Tuesday with Dorie - ever.   It's taken me through three towns, four kitchens and three jobs (counting the odd recipe or two that I baked at my mother's house) - now that is pretty amazing.  When I think of where I started, and where I have ended up, I am amazed.  I baked a lot, I learnt a lot, I got to make lots of beautiful baked goods and meet up in cyberspace with lots of lovely fellow bakers.  It is therefore with a touch of sadness that I write this last TWD post.

The last recipe has been chosen by Dorie Greenspan herself, and is Kid's Thumbprints.  These delicious biscuits are jam drops on steroids - packed with peanut butter and brown sugar, rolled in crushed roasted peanuts, and filled with fruity jam (in my case, plum jam).

I had a minor crisis in baking these because I was baking at my mother's house (where I am based for Christmas holidays), and I lined my baking trays with greaseproof paper instead of baking paper because someone had switched the rolls of paper - and my thumbprints stuck to the greaseproof paper!  However, I managed to salvage all but two of them, and the rest is history.

These thumbprints are very addictive - they are almost fudgy in taste, and the crushed nuts give a satisfying crunch.

For the very last time, you can check out what the other TWD bakers thought of these biscuits at the LYL section of the Tuesdays with Dorie website. 

Thanks to all of my gorgeous TWD baker friends, with whom I have shared so much over the last three years, including our adventures from Baking - From My Home to Yours.  And thanks to Laurie for founding this amazing group, and to Dorie, without whom we would never have formed this group in the first place. 

Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before we can meet again and meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.