Monday, October 17, 2011

TWD - Ginger Jazzed Brownies



Ginger is one of my favourite things.  I love ground ginger, stem ginger, crystallised ginger and chocolate coated ginger.  Ginger ale and ginger beer are the beverages of the Gods.  The only form of ginger that I cannot stand is the pink pickled ginger that is served with sushi rolls.

Accordingly, I was pretty chuffed with Clivia of Bubie's Little Baker's choice of Ginger Jazzed Brownies for Tuesdays with Dorie this week.  These brownies contain ground ginger and fresh minced ginger - or more ground ginger if you like.  Unfortunately, I have hurt my back, so I was not in a position to spend quality time mincing ginger with a knife, and I used 100% ground ginger (which Dorie suggests that you can).

My brownies were not fudgy in the middle - they were definitely like a rich chocolate cake in texture. This was not a bad thing, but I am not sure if this was the intended outcome of the recipe.  A quick Internet search showed results all over the place, so I am still not enlightened on this point - perhaps the  other TWD bakers' results will answer the question.

Thanks to Clivia for this week's chocolate brownies with a ginger zing   she will have the recipe.  And if you, too, are curious about what the texture of these brownies ought to have been, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.