Thursday, October 6, 2011

FFwD - Olive-Olive Cornish Hens


It's Friday again - can't you hear the birds singing and smell the hope and joy in the air as the weekend beckons ever nearer?

This week's French Friday with Dorie challenge was  Olive-Olive Cornish Hens (in my case, poussin) - little birds butterflied and with their skins stuffed with homemade olive tapenade (green, in my case), olive-oiled and seasoned to perfection, and roasted until their skins are crispy and the tapenade flavour has melded into the bird.  Bliss!

I served my hens with asparagus roasted with lemon and salt, good old mixed vegetables out of a packet, and wild lime pickle - devine:

 


Look at how wonderful and crisp the outside is and how tender the meat is:

 

It oddly reminded me of my Mum's Sunday roast, though there was never any olives in my mother's house.

To see what everyone else thought of this week's dish, visit the LYL section of the FFwD website for this week (once available).