Monday, October 10, 2011

TWD - Basic Biscuits



Sometimes, it's good just to make something quick and easy.  So it was for this week's Tuesday with Dorie, for which Jennifer of Cooking for Comfort chose Dorie's Basic Biscuits.

For an Aussie like me, a biscuit will always be a slightly flatter version of a scone.  I spread mine with rhubarb and raspberry jam, and put cheddar cheese on another (not just any cheddar - the cheddar I made at cheesemaking classes last year):




These took mere minutes to whip up, with minimal effort.  Although Dorie loves using her hands to rub in the butter, I prefer my pastry cutter - one of the best gadgets I have ever bought.  It saves my fingers from becoming caked with goo.


I brushed the tops of my biscuits with milk before baking to brown the tops a little - I am glad that I did, as they never did become really golden.

Thanks to Jennifer for this week's mercifully easy pick.  To see what all the other TWD members thought of these biscuits, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.