Tuesday, August 20, 2013

WWDH - Honey Cakes


Today's Wednesday with Donna Hay pick comes from Margaret, who chose Honey Cakes from Off the Shelf.  You can find the recipe online here.

These little cakes are a cinch to make, smell devine while baking and taste just right, with a crunchy outside and a crumbly soft middle.

I skipped the cream and honey garnish - I felt it was gilding  the lily a little, and besides, I made my cakes in the shape of owls - and they are awesome.  (Yes, it is hard to see the detail - someone at work thought they were teddy bears; however, I had fun with them anyway.)

I served my honey cake as dessert to my provencal beef, made in the slow cooker:


To finish off, i could not help but share with you the gorgeous vintage advertising cup:


and plate:



that I bought on sale at Myer.  They live on my desk at work so that I have my own special crockery to brighten up the day.

To see what Margaret, Kayte, Chaya and Sarah thought of these honey cakes, check out their websites.