Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wednesdays with Donna Hay - Beef Burgers


This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay recipe is my lunch/brunch choice - Beef Burgers!  I adore a good burger, and this one has all the trimmings that I like - namely, onion rings and beetroot.  So many burgers come sans beetroot, which in my books is a crime.  The juicy beetroot goes a treat with the beef, and is a must for me.

As you can see from the photos, Donna's recipe makes a very tall burger - you almost need a flip-top head to take a bite of it all in one go.  That's not a complaint though!  I did find the patties a little crumbly, but that could just have been me.  I used rocket instead of iceberg lettuce on my burger, and spruced it up by spreading the bun with Emilia's onion jam, and a  splash of barbecue sauce on the beef patty.

I made a second burger using Donna's patties, this time with cheese in lieu of onion rings, but using Emilia's onion jam on the bun again, with fries on the side: 




This one was pretty good too.

To see what Kayte, Chaya and Margaret thought of these burgers, you can go visit them tomorrow. 



And happy birthday to Canadian actress, Megan Follows, who turns 44 today.  You can watch a fan video wishing Megan a happy birthday here.