Monday, March 5, 2012

BWJ - Rugelach



Don't you just adore it when you unexpectedly love something?  That was the case with this week's Baking with Julia, hosed by Jessica of My Baking Heart and Margaret of The Urban Hiker, who chose Rugelach.  Rugelach are a Jewish cookie/pastry made with a cream cheese pastry and filled with fruit preserves, fruits, nuts and spices.  Traditionally they are made in a crescent shape, but this recipe made the cookies in a roll shape.

I filled my rugelach with plain old apricot jam, dried apricots, raisins and almonds.  They were totally delicious - so addictive that I ate 4 of them myself before turning them over to the crowd, which is unheard of for me.

To see what everyone else thought of this recipe for rugelach, visit the Baking with Julia website.