Thursday, March 1, 2012

FFwD - Roasted Salmon and Lentils


Today's post starts on a sad note with the news that Davy Jones of the Monkees has passed away.  The Monkees was made before I was born, but re-runs meant that I grew up with the Monkees, and cute Davy was my favourite.  Daydream Believer, with Davy on lead vocals, is my favourite Monkees song.  Thanks to the Monkees for adding some light-hearted fun to our lives.

This week's French Fridays with Dorie recipe is Roasted Salmon and Lentils.  It involves cooking green lentils in a vegetable broth, roasting salmon rubbed with oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, and serving the salmon atop the lentils.

It tasted OK - I liked it, but I didn't love it. I also thought the lentils were a bit of a faff, having to be cooked then drained, then partly pureed, then combined again and warmed.  You would have to love lentils to find this a rewarding process.

To see what the other FFwD members thought, visit the LYL section of the website.