Tuesday, May 14, 2013

WWDH - Arancini


This week, we travel to Italy for Wednesdays with Donna Hay as Margaret chooses Arancini from Modern Classic Book I.

This is a double recipe, as before you can make the arancini, you have to make Donna's lemon and parmesan risotto.  Here is the risotto:



I had some of the risotto for lunch with a small tin of salmon mixed through - it was delicious.

Here is  peek inside the arancini:


I used pieces of light cheddar cheese to stuff my arancini instead of the mozzarella from a practicality and cost saving perspective. My arancini took about double the 3-4 minute cooking time recommended by Donna. The arancini were delicious, but obviously they are not every day food as they are deep fried. For that reason, I only made two arancini and will use the rest of the risotto as a side with another dish. 

To see what Margaret, Kayte and Chaya thought of these arancini, visit their websites.