Tuesday, November 6, 2012

WWDH - Fried Rice



Yesterday was Melbourne Cup Day holiday in Melbourne, so I spent my time making my Christmas cake, pudding and fruit mince so that they mature for Christmas.  It was a pretty productive day, and a good one for staying in, as it rained a fair bit.  Prince Charles and Camilla of England were in Melbourne for the Cup, and presented the winning owner with the trophy for the Cup.  A horse called Green Moon won - a few people I know won money on it.  I didn't have a bet, so I didn't win anything.  I did win a day off though, which is good enough for me. 

It's Wednesday with Donna Hay, and my choice for November is Fried Rice from p148 of Modern Classics Book I.  This is a pretty traditional Asian style fried rice with prawns, but sans the frozen peas and egg.  It had a spicy kick to it with chillies, which made it a little different from your bland Chinese restaurant fried rice.

I quite enjoyed this for a change.  Kayte is on hiatus, but please visit Margaret and Chaya to see what they thought of this rice dish.