Monday, November 19, 2012

BWJ - Best Ever Brownies


For Baking with Julia this week, we were assigned Best Ever Brownies.  Our host was Monica of A Beautiful Mess. Now, I am a little cynical about recipes claiming to be the best ever - that is a pretty broad and subjective claim.  I am not sure that these brownies are "the best ever", but they are pretty good.

I made mine with the proper chocolate for the first time ever, courtesy of my US trips:


As a heads up, "unsweetened" and "bittersweet" chocolate are not the norm in Australia, hence my chocolate came from the Ghirardelli store in The Great Mall, Milpitas, CA.

I probably baked my brownies a smidge too long (~30 minutes), as they were fudgy rather than gooey inside, but this was good - I could not imagine that the critical audience that I have to deal with would have appreciated "gooey" and would instead have interpreted it as "underdone".

To see what the other BWJ bakers thought of these, visit the LYL section of the BWJ website.