Thursday, November 8, 2012

FFwD - Top-Secret Chocolate Mousse - Epic Fail


This week's French Fridays with Dorie recipe was Top-Secret Chocolate Mousse.  Unfortunately, in my case, it was more like Chocolate Soup with Chunky Bits.  As soon as I added the egg yolks to the chocolate, the chocolate seemed to set, so trying to stir egg whites through it was a lost cause.  In the end, it was a sloppy sea of chocolate  with bits of hardened chocolate through it.  Ewww!

As a welcome distraction, I present my Aussie 12 Days of Christmas teatowel that I bought in Daylesford on the weekend:  


 
I think any true blue Aussie would love this teatowel with its Aussie references - where else but Oz would you have 6 boomers hopping or 9 nippers racing?

Also, I discovered some new flavours of Allens lollies this week:



There are caramel chicos (in addition to the ordinary chocolate ones), Milk Bottle Mania (containing chocolate, vanilla, lime, banana and caramel milk bottles), and Mad About Teeth'n'Stuff for lovers of "foam" lollies.  I love the milk bottles and caramel chicos, and am yet to try the teeth etc.

Have a great weekend!