Monday, November 5, 2012

BWJ - Buttermilk Crumb Muffins


It's Melbourne Cup Day here in Melbourne, so Melburnians have a public holiday for a horse race.  Pretty cool, yeah?  I am not going to the races this year, but it is obligatory to watch the Cup on the telly - the big race is at 3pm EST.  Apart from The Cup itself, the fun of the races is watching everyone all dressed up - the best time to do this is first thing in the morning, before everything falls into tatters, like Cinderella after the ball.

This Tuesday is also a Baking with Julia Tuesday, and this week's recipe was Buttermilk Crumb Muffins, hosted by Alisa of Easier Than Pie.  As I am not at work today to share, I only made a quarter recipe of these muffins, yielding just four.  I don't use shortening in general, so I substituted the same quantity of butter, and didn't seem to have any issues.

These muffins were easy to make, and delicious while warm - making them perfect in my book.

You can check what the other BWJ bakers thought of these muffins at the website.