Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wednesdays with Donna Hay - Baked Chicken, Lemon and Pea Risotto


Hey, hey, it's Wednesday, which means it's time for Donna Hay.

Before I get onto this week's recipe, I wanted to share with you my photos from my vacation on Norfolk Island last week.  You can find them here.  Norfolk Island is a truly beautiful place, and is a little different in that it is a quieter holiday destination than most - you can truly relax and unwind while enjoying its stunning natural beauty and learning about its brutal past, the Pitcairners settlement and current industry.  Norfolk Island is accessible by air from Brisbane or Sydney. I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.

For WWDH this week, my pick was Baked Chicken, Lemon and Pea Risotto.  This dish took a while to make, as there is stove top prep to do before baking in the oven for 40 minutes, but the means justify the end - this risotto is absolutely delicious, and is a keeper for me. It results in a creamy risotto with a subtle blend of complimentary flavours.  I love the simplicity of baked risottos when compared with the traditional stove top method - I seem to have better luck with the baked variety.

To see what Kayte, Margaret and Chaya thought of this dish, visit their websites.  And you can join us in WWDH - next week's dish from Off the Shelf is Thai Caramelised Pork Salad (p120), chosen by Kayte.