Monday, September 17, 2012

BWJ - Whole Wheat Bread


For Baking with Julia this week, we were asked to put on our bread baking boots to make Whole Wheat Bread, with our hosts being Michelle of Vegie Num Nums and Teresa of The Family That Bakes Together.


I was initially a little unexcited about this recipe, as I am not what you would call "a bread person".  However, this bread pleasantly surprised me - it was soft and light and delicious, not heavy and chewy like some of the home bread recipes I have tried.  I made this bread to the recipe, except that I left out the malt extract.


I liked this bread toasted, I liked it sliced fresh off the loaf with peanut butter - I just liked it.  Which is saying a lot, as I really am not a bread person.

To see what the other BWJ bakers thought of this Whole Wheat Bread, visit the LYL section of the website.