Thursday, July 19, 2012

FFwD - Salmon with Basil Tapenade


This week's French Fridays with Dorie challenge was Salmon with Basil Tapenade.  I don't often cook salmon, not because I don't like it, but because it is soooo expensive.  This piece of Tasmanian salmon cost me $9 - about the same price as I would normally pay for meat for the week.  However, I am a Dorie disciple, so for this week, I took the hit.

And what a very nice hit it was too.  I was glad that olive tapenade from a while ago was also useful for this dish.  This salmon was simple to make and delicious to eat.  I paired it with two other Dorie dishes allocated for this month - the ginger pickled cucumbers (first week of July) and the lemon barley pilaf (next week):


To see what the other FFwD cooks thought, visit the LYL section of the website.