Thursday, May 31, 2012

FFwD - Lentil, Lemon and Tuna Salad


This week's French Fridays with Dorie recipe is a surprising salad - Lentil, Lemon and Tuna Salad.  It is a mixture of green lentils, tuna, chopped preserved lemon and chopped scallions, dressed with an unlikely combination of olive tapenade, mustard, red wine vinegar and olive oil.  But weirdly, it works - I really enjoyed it.

I was lucky in that I had preserved lemons that I had made from lemons out of my friends', Veronica and Christian, garden.  This is the first time I used them, so that made me happy.  Preserved lemons are absurdly expensive to buy, given how simple they are to make.

I ate this salad warm - it was already 3 in the afternoon, and I had not yet had lunch, so I wasn't going to wait a couple of hours for it to chill (after patiently waiting while the lentils cooked).

To see what everyone else thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the FFwD website.