Thursday, May 3, 2012

FFwD - Almond Dory Meuniere


This week's French Fridays with Dorie is a fishy dish - almond flounder meuniere.  However, I don't think I have ever seen too much flounder around here, so I purchased John Dory fillets - just because they looked nice and were small, as Dorie described her flounder fillets.  This dish comprises fish coated with almond meal and flour on one side, then fried in browned butter.

I didn't make the browned butter - after doing both Baking with Julia recipes for this month on the same day, I could not bear the smell of any more butter, so I skipped it.  I also skipped the toasted almonds and parsley for garnish - I don't have anyone to impress, so I could not think of a good reason why to expend $3 on a bunch of parsley that I would not use.

I served my fish with microwaved sweet potato sprinkled with all purpose seasoning, and baby bok choy stir fried and flavoured with soy sauce, fish sauce and honey.  Delish and reasonably healthy, I thought.

To see what the other FFwD members thought of this dish, visit the LYL section of the FFwD website (which no longer works for me for reasons unbeknown to me - it just doesn't work and there is no Webmaster help available).