Thursday, February 16, 2012

FFwD - Moules marinières


Yes, I know what you are thinking - this week's FFwD recipe was mussels and chorizo with or without pasta.  Uh huh, but I made the wrong recipe - so instead I present you with moules marinières (mussels in white wine).

This was quick and easy and tasty - I am not that fond of mussels, so I won't make it again soon, but the broth was especially good.  I combined my microwaved steamed veges with the leftover broth, which was an excellent way to lend flavour to the vegetables.  I hope you all enjoyed the mussels and chorizo with or without pasta.



Visit the LYL section of the FFwD website for takes on this week's FFwD recipe - the right one.

Calling all Megan Follows fans:  Are you a fan of Megan Follows (of Hockey Night and Anne of Green Gables, among many other credits)?  It is Megan's 44th birthday on 14 March, and Shedding, a Megan Follows fan site, is compiling a photo and video montage of birthday wishes from fans, and is looking for more participants.  You can find all the details here.  Submissions close 29 February.