Thursday, January 5, 2012

FFwD - Bubble-top brioche rolls


It's a new year for French Fridays with Dorie, and this week's challenge is Bubble-Top Brioche Rolls.  These cute little brioche rolls are given their bubble-top effect by rolling the dough into little balls before its final rise.

You are supposed to use a muffin tin to bake the rolls, but as I am at home with my mother and she doesn't have one, I used the friand tin that my brother gave me for Christmas.  This is why my rolls are oval-shaped.

The end result is a glazed, shiny, nicely-shaped roll, which is fluffy and golden inside:


I also almost added salt instead of sugar to these because I mixed up the jars - this would have been a huge disaster! Luckily I realised my mistake after spooning the salt on top, so I scooped it off, and from the taste of the end result, successfully removed most of the excess salt (although these were slightly saltier than usual).

I ate these plain - they were good with absolutely nothing on them.

To check out what the other FFwD participants thought of these rolls, visit the LYL section of the FFwD website