Thursday, April 12, 2012

FFwD - Sardine Rillettes


We've made it to Friday - I breathe a sigh of relief, as my weeks are rather frantic and have been for months.  I am looking forward to the weekend when I can relax.

This week's French Fridays with Dorie recipe is Sardine Rillettes (pronounced ree-etts).  It is effectively a fishy cream cheese spread made from canned sardines, cream cheese (light in my case), green onion, chives, lemon juice, cayenne and salt and pepper.  I didn't want this hanging around in my fridge to be wasted, so even though it is meant to be served as a snack on crackers, I ate the whole lot as a meal on a slice of toasted sour dough.

The verdict - it was OK,  although I would probably have enjoyed it way more in a smaller quantity as a snack.  It was all rather too much richness for me in one hit, but I can't complain about the flavour.

To see what everyone else thought of  this dish, visit the LYL section of the FFwD website whenever it happens to come up (probably when I am asleep tonight).

Have a great weekend.