Friday, April 27, 2012

Chocolate Fudge Cake for Lee's Birthday



Today is my colleague Lee's 40th birthday.  Happy birthday Lee!  Lee is hosting a wonderful party for the occasion, into which she has put so much effort and planning.  I don't think I have put so much effort into anything since I ceased having to choose then timetable University subjects.  I hope Lee has a magnificent evening.

To celebrate Lee's birthday, I made her a cake for work.  Lee is on a weight loss plan at present, so I made her a Low Fat Chocolate Fudge Cake from the Australian Women's Weekly 501 Low Fat Recipes.  You can find the recipe online here.

This is the cake before frosting:




However, a birthday cake is not a birthday cake without decoration, so I made it a little less low fat by making up a frosting with low fat cream cheese (250g) and icing sugar (100g).  The decorations are writing gel, silver cachous and crystallised violets.

This is what the cake looks like once sliced: 


Lee seemed to enjoy her cake - glad she liked it.

Have a great weekend all.