Monday, September 5, 2011

TWD - Chocolate Spice Quickies



This week's Tuesday with Dorie recipe, selected by Jessica of My Baking Heart, is Chocolate Spice Quickies.  As the name suggests, these are little chocolate flavoured cookies, containing crushed almonds and not a great deal of spice (I used cloves).

The title of this recipe would imply that they are quick to make, but this is not true.  You need to chill the dough for 4 hours, and there is a bit of fussing around with melting chocolate and shaping logs along the way.  As I started making these at 7.30pm on the night before posting day, needless to say I froze my logs for an hour or so instead of chilling them.

These cookies were OK, but not a knockout. They are definitely pleasant, but they didn't have the added zing to make me love them.

Thanks to our host, Jessica - she will have the recipe, or buy the book.  To see some more of these cookies, visit the LYL section of the TWD website.