Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Brioche apple tart


A little while ago, the Tuesdays with Dorie group made Golden Brioche Loaves.  The recipe in Baking From My Home To Yours made two loaves, and Dorie recommended against halving it.  As instructed, I made the full recipe, but instead of making two brioche loaves, I made an apple brioche tart, inspired by Dorie's Brioche Plum Tart.  The original recipe for that tart can be found here at Chez Us.

However, instead of using the special brioche dough for this tart, I used the other half of my golden brioche tart dough.  I also substituted plums for apples (it being winter when I made this tart), and used raspberry jam in the base (as you can't readily buy apple butter here).

This tart was absolutely scrumptious - there's not much more I can say about it, as the brioche recipe itself is just heavenly.

If you have some time on your hands, I highly recommend making Dorie's Golden Brioche Loaf dough, and making with it what you please - it is versatile and delicious.